Today’s technology provides great help in keeping track of your health and wellness. One such technological product is the compact smartwatch. It will help increase your awareness of what you do and give you the motivation you need to keep in shape. For it to be most effective, you need to have the best fitness smartwatch combined with its compatible application to get continuous results. In this article, we’re going to talk about the 10 best fitness activity smartwatches that operate on an Android system.
The fitness smartwatches mentioned in this article are very popular brands because of their product quality. We’ve provided the top 10 products in no particular order.
This review will provide you with reasons why the fitness smartwatch is a great tool to help you be fit and healthy.
It will also provide you with the various ways that you can be connected to it and the compatibility of the apps. Lastly, it will also give you a brief description of the fitness apps available and the type of band material the smartwatch has. But before we provide the review, we would like to let you know more about what a fitness smartwatch does.
What does a fitness smartwatch do?
If you’re always on the go, concerned about your health, and would like to monitor your health stats, then you should get a fitness smartwatch. It’s a very handy and convenient way for you to get updates on your everyday health activities and monitor your progress. It’s one great way for you to keep being motivated.
Aside from keeping time, fitness smartwatches act as your personal assistant, providing you notifications usually via Bluetooth or 3G or even LTE connection. A fitness smartwatch is also a great way to stay connected to social media as well as helping you multitask and stay organized with the things that you do.
|Watch||Amazon Prime Price||Pros||Cons|
|Jarv Elite IPX7||$39.99||UV Sensor|
not user friendly
|Misfit Shine 2||$89.99||Great battery life|
great touch sensor
inconsistent activity tracking
|Amzer FitZer Ka||$24.37||includes pedometer|
can be used at high altitudes
|missing activity if not kept charged|
|UA Band||$79.99||Great Performance|
Easy to Use
|Poor battery Life
|LifeTrak Zone 410W||$49.65||Easy to Read|
built in Heart Monitor
|no alarm or vibration setting|
|Moov Now||$59.99||Elegant Design|
easily fit in wrist or ankle
|activity tracking only has basic data|
|Fitbit Charge 2||$149.95||Heart Monitor|
interchangeable wrist bands
|Screen is faint|
|TomTom Runner||$79.99||Virtual Trainer|
|no USB Charging|
|Withings Pulse O2||$70.43||Excellent pedometer and run detection||run and heart rate accuracy can be poor|
|Garmin Forerunner 920XT||$269.99||Excellent battry life |
no Micro USB charging
1. Jarv Elite IPX7
The Jarv Elite IPX7 fitness smartwatch can keep track of the calories burned, distance and activity/inactivity. The IPX7 also has an alarm clock and a goal setting feature. It provides smartphone notifications such as social media notifications for WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, etc. The Jarv Elite IPX7 fitness smartwatch can also show calls and display the name of the caller. Other features include its capability to do sleep and 24/7 activity reports.
It comes with a LED screen, and it weighs 27.2 grams. Moreover, the Jarv Elite IPX7 is waterproof and has a battery life of 10 days. This fitness smartwatch is also compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows computers. The IPX7 fitness smartwatch also comes with free Android and iOS applications and updates. The wristband material comes in three colors: orange, blue, and black.
- UV sensor to alert you of high UV levels.
- Automatic syncing feature with Bluetooth 4.0 devices.
- Ability to connect to mobile devices or computers.
- The clasp is flimsy.
- Sometimes, there are issues with the Bluetooth range.
- Not user-friendly
Misfit Shine 2
The Misfit Shine 2 fitness smartwatch has a great ultra slim design including an alarm clock feature, smartphone notifications and goal settings. The Misfit Shine 2can also show calls and display the caller ID. This fitness smartwatch also tracks calories burned, steps, distance, exercise tagging, sleep quality, sleep time and activity/inactivity. It weighs only 8.5 grams and is water-resistant. The Misfit Shine 2 can automatically sync with Bluetooth 4.0 devices, and is compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows. Its wristband comes in two colors: rose gold and carbon black.
- Battery life of 162 days (6 months).
- There are LED lights for notifications.
- It comes with an accelerometer and a magnetometer.
- Breat touch sensor.
- Vibration is not very noticeable.
- Inconsistent activity tracking.
- At times, there are synching issues.
3. Amzer FitZer Ka
The Amzer FitZer Ka fitness smartwatch comes with an OLED display and can track your activity/inactivity, calories burned, calorie intake (for nutrition), distance, steps, and sleep quality. Other features include reminders, goal settings, and an alarm clock. The FitZer also has sleep and activity reports.
It weighs 45.36 grams, is water-resistant, and is compatible with Android and iOS. Its battery can last for 10 days, and it needs about 180 minutes for its battery to be fully charged. The wristband comes in three colors: blue, black, and pink.
- can be used with a maximum altitude of 30,000 feet and a temperature range of 68 degrees Fahrenheit/20 degrees Celsius to 113 degrees Fahrenheit/45 degrees Celsius
- It comes with a pedometer and 3-axis accelerometer.
- The history graph not customizable.
- There can be missing activity data if you forget to charge it.
4. UA Band
The UA Band fitness smartwatch comes with an alarm clock and smartphone notifications with sleep and activity reports. Its battery can last up to 5 days, and is water-resistant with a maximum altitude of 20 feet. Weighing 544 grams, it comes with a POLED touch screen and a black wristband. Moreover, The UA Band fitness smartwatch can track sleep quality, heart rate, exercise tagging, activity/inactivity, distance, and calories burned. The UA Band also has an automatic synching feature with Bluetooth 4.0 devices.
- Better version of the HTC Grip due to HTC and Under Armour team up.
- A “real-time OS.”
- It offers great performance.
- Very easy to use.
- Charges fast (30 minutes).
- Poor battery life.
- Distance tracking may sometimes be inaccurate.
- Very simplistic design.
- Slightly expensive.
- The screen is a bit disappointing because of its low resolution.
LifeTrak Zone 410W
The LifeTrak Zone 410W fitness smartwatch can provide smartphone notifications, reminders, expert coaching, goal settings, and proprietary unit measurements. Additionally, this fitness smartwatch also has sleep and activity reports. With an LCD display and weighing 39.7 grams, The LifeTrak Zone 410W fitness smartwatch can track calories burned, activity/inactivity, steps, distance, and heart rate. In terms of connectivity, the LifeTrak Zone 410W has an automatic synching feature with Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart), but its two-step synching may sometimes be off track. This fitness smartwatch is also compatible with Android and iOS, and is waterproof for up to 90 feet. The wristband comes in two colors: pink and white.
- Compatible with the LifeTrak application.
- The display is easy to read.
- Ability to calibrate results.
- Night light option is available.
- Built-in heart monitor.
- Long battery life (1 year, coin battery).
- There is no alarm feature or vibration settings.
- Automatic detection of sleep may be inaccurate at times
6. Moov Now
The features of the Moov Now fitness smartwatch include its goal settings, expert coaching, and social integration. It provides you real time updates with audio and visual coaching. In addition, the Moov Now fitness smartwatch track exercise tagging, activity/inactivity, calories burned, distance, steps, sleep time, sleep quality and even elevation/stairs.
Moov Now weighs only 6 grams, but its coin battery can last up to 182 days or up to 6 months. This fitness smartwatch also has a LED display, and is also waterproof. The Moov Now is compatible with Android, Windows, and iOS and it allows automatic synching with Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart) and ANT+ for mobile devices. The wristband comes in four colors: aqua blue, fusion red, stealth black, and blizzard white.
- Has a digital voice coach feature.
- The design is light and elegant.
- It provides accurate and in-depth information.
- It comes with Omni 3D sensor to monitor movement and Moov 7 Minute+ to track body weight.
- Easily fits on the wrist or ankle.
- Activity tracking only has basic data.
- The voice coach can be annoying.
Fitbit Charge 2
The Fitbit Charge 2 fitness smartwatch is often quoted as one of the best fitness smartwatches you can buy. This is due to the many features that are included, which are a GPS system, an alarm clock, reminders, and goal settings. The Charge 2 also has activity and sleep reports. The Fitbit Charge is capable of tracking your steps, heart rate, distance, elevation and stairs, calories burned, and activity/inactivity.
It weighs 300.50 grams, and its battery can last up to 5 days with a charging time of about 2 hours. This fitness smartwatch is also also waterproof, and its wristband is available in three colors: blue, violet, and black. The Charge 2 is also compatible with Android and iOS and can automatically sync with Bluetooth 4.0 and in USB.
- Attractive and has a large display.
- It comes with a built-in heart rate continuous monitor called the PurePulse Heart Rate.
- It gives you guided personalized breathing sessions.
- You can interchange the wristbands, and you can sometimes get the special edition colors.
- The screen is sometimes faint and prone to fingerprint smudges.
8. TomTom Runner
The TomTom fitness smartwatch has goal settings, alarm clock, stopwatch, and GPS as well as activity reports. This fitness smartwatch is also compatible with applications like Strava, Run Keeper, and MyFitness. The TomTom has an automatic synching feature with Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart) and USB, and can track inactivity/activity, calories burned, exercise tagging, and distance. Its battery life is 10 days, and the watch weighs 50 grams. The TomTom is also water-resistant, and it comes in four colors: turquoise, dark pink, and black.
- The impressive and detailed QuickGPSFIX technology can help your watch locate your area faster.
- Great motivational virtual trainer with graphics.
- The display is extra-large with an ultra slim design.
- Readings are consistent.
- It lacks USB charging.
- The watch is not very securely fitted inside the strap at times.
- Its TomTom MySports web application tool is very simple.
9. Withings Pulse O2
The Withings Pulse 02 fitness smartwatch comes in blue and black, and can track your heart rate, steps, distance, activity/inactivity, sleep time, sleep quality, elevation/stairs, and calories burned. The Pulse 02 has an alarm clock, smartphone notifications, social integration, expert coaching, goal settings and online portal, as well as sleep and activity reports. With an LCD screen and a weight of 9.07 grams, the Withings Pulse 02 fitness smartwatch can automatically sync with Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart). The Pulse 02 also has an automatic or manual syncing feature for USBs. Its battery can last up to 14 days with a charging time of 120 minutes. However, the pulse 02 not sweat-proof nor waterproof.
- Excellent pedometer with a run detection method.
- Insightful sleep statistics.
- You can use it in a temperature range of 14 degrees Fahrenheit/-10 degrees Celsius to 113 degrees Fahrenheit/45 degrees Celsius.
- Sometimes the run and heart rate data is inaccurate.
- The screen display is not always on and is not very readable in bright light.
10. Garmin Forerunner 920XT
The Garmin Forerunner 920XT fitness smartwatch features an alarm clock, GPS, goal settings, reminders, social integration, an online portal, and proprietary unit measurements. The Forerunner also has sleep and activity reports. Moreover, the Garmin Forerunner 920XT can track sleep time, sleep quality, elevation/stairs, distance, calories burned, activity/inactivity and exercise tagging.
The Forerunner has an automatic synching feature with Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart), ANT+ and Wi-Fi for mobile devices or computers. This fitness smartwatch also has an automatic USB sync feature. It comes in two two-tone colors: black/blue and white/red.
- Powerful features.
- The GPS is very accurate.
- You can use it in the temperature range of -4 degrees Fahrenheit/-20 degrees Celsius to 140 degrees Fahrenheit/60 degrees Celsius.
- Battery life is approximately 4 months.
- Heavy (61 grams).
- There’s no option for Micro USB charging.
- Sometimes, auto-synch does not work well.
- Phone connection may seem inconsistent at times.
Getting a fitness smartwatch doesn’t mean that you’ll get fit instantly. You need to download and install some programs for it to work. You also have to plan for your goals and have a clear picture of what you want to achieve. Knowing how to use the fitness smartwatch will also take some time. However, once you know how, it will give you an overview of the overall fitness stats you have. You’ll be able to determine what you need to focus on and what improvements you need to do to keep your body fit and healthy.
Just remember that you have to be committed to doing this. Even the best equipment would be useless if you don’t utilize its full potential. You may just purchase it on a whim, and then after some time, you’ll never use it again. Make sure to purchase the one that’s compatible with your needs and keeps you inspired in what you do. It should also be under your budget. This is one great way to succeed in your health goals.